Defend The Constitution
LL.M. in American Legal Studies
Online or On-Campus Degrees
The Master of Laws in American Legal Studies, offered online and on campus, is designed for graduates of accredited institutions outside the United States who have already earned a JD-equivalent law degree and want to pursue studies in American law. With this challenging degree, you will be able to learn the influences of law, policy and government around the globe, meeting the significant demand by international lawyers for training in American law. If allowed by the administering jurisdiction, you may be qualified to sit for the bar examination in one or more states in the United States.*
- Examine the biblical foundations of American law and legal institutions of the United States by exploring a multidisciplinary breadth of classic texts in history, philosophy and theology.
- Learn from a faculty of internationally recognized professors, practitioners and legal scholars from some of the nation’s finest schools, including Harvard, Yale, Duke, the University of Chicago and the University of Virginia.
- Enjoy benefits of an LL.M. degree such as developing a specialization, building English proficiency for international students, and networking with legal professionals.
- Corporate, Private-Practice or Nonprofit Law
- Human Resources
* This degree is not structured to prepare students substantively to take an American bar exam. Students must inform themselves of the specific requirements of particular state bar examination
Your Journey Begins Here
No matter what your passion, you'll find your place at Regent. Choose from more than 120 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand. Explore our programs below: