Degree & Career
B.S. in Professional Studies with a concentration in English
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies, offered online or on campus, is an interdisciplinary degree program designed to help you move ahead in your chosen career. As Regent’s most transfer-friendly degree program, the B.S. in Professional Studies accepts more transfer credits than other majors, making it the ideal choice for adult learners and military personnel. Build upon essential General Education core knowledge in communication, leadership, management, critical thinking and problem solving – all from a Christian perspective. Through the English concentration, you will broaden your marketability in fields from journalism and marketing to corporate communications and technical writing.
- Hone your writing skills, whether for professional, creative or technical fields.
- Understand key principles for creating reports, proposals, correspondence and professional editing.
- Choose coursework from literature to tutoring to research and writing, according to your area of interest.
- Apply existing college and military credit to fast track your degree completion.
- Corporate Communications
- Technical Writing
- Graduate work in your chosen discipline
Your Journey Begins Here
No matter what your passion, you'll find your place at Regent. Choose from more than 120 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand. Explore our programs below: