MPA with a concentration in Law
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Public Administration with a concentration in Law is offered on campus and online through the Robertson School of Government to students wanting to pursue careers in government, academia, consulting and private enterprise, as well as in nonprofit organizations. Through case studies, service-learning opportunities and best-practice public administration analysis, you will develop a higher level of expertise and competency in key employment, contract negotiations, and constitutional law issues — all through the lens of a Christian worldview.
- Develop expertise in employment and constitutional law issues, including negotiations, risk assessment, employment discrimination and fair employee treatment.
- Understand laws pertaining to employment discrimination, including religious discrimination, and develop legal negotiation skills through participation in simulated negotiations.
- Examine the history of the Constitution; the structure, power and limitations of each of the branches of the federal government; the power and rights of the states; and the authority of local governments.
- Budget & Fiscal Management
- City/County Management
- Human Resources Leadership
- Public Affairs & Communication
- Public Interest Law Specialization