MPA – Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Public Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics is offered on campus and online through the Robertson School of Government to students interested in influencing healthcare policy. Through case studies, service-learning opportunities and best-practice public administration analysis, you will increase your knowledge of key issues, such as genetic testing, stem cell research, access to care and more — all through the lens of a Christian worldview.
- Understand ethical and philosophical principles associated with care management, planning and delivery.
- Examine healthcare finance and operations functions such as budgeting and forecasting, contract management, pricing, strategic plan development, and assessing organizations.
- Explore principles in forensic medicine, medical proof in litigation, advanced medical malpractice, and the structure and operation of the healthcare delivery system.
Finance, human resources, marketing and management staff positions in:
- State Health, Welfare & Insurance Departments
- Federal Agencies
- Private Trade & Research Organizations
- Hospitals & Health Systems Corporations
- Long-term Care Organizations
- Community Clinics
- Professional Associations