Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision
Online Degree with Residency
The Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education & Supervision is an online degree, with residency requirements, that will set you apart in the field of counseling for expert professional and scholarly work. This program, which uniquely integrates science and faith, is designed for currently licensed counselors, who will complete an internship and dissertation, as their knowledge base of the counseling profession grows in an environment of exceptional learning. You will evidence new ideas through ground-breaking research and the opportunity to present an original dissertation.
- Understand the individual in their process of growth, development and passage through life stages.
- Pursue your greatest passion and break new ground in the field of counseling through the planning and presentation of your dissertation.
- Enjoy faculty mentoring and hands-on training in areas such as principles and practices of counseling; group work; ethical and legal considerations; and the role of multicultural competencies, in counselor education.
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- University Faculty/Leadership
- Clinical Practitioner
- Director of Mental Health Services Agency/Nonprofit
- Leadership in School Counseling and Supervision
- Administrator in Mental Health Agencies/Schools
CACREP accredited in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia and most other states; be sure to check your state’s requirements.