#1 Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia
Ph.D. in Counseling & Psychological Studies – Grief Counseling
Do you desire to help others cope with grief and to overcome the pain associated with loss? The Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling & Psychological Studies – Grief Counseling prepares you for a career in mental health counseling, research, education and psychological science. You’ll examine models of inner healing, forgiveness, critical incidents, crisis management, and community trauma and disaster. This degree is for the scholar seeking to impact the culture beyond the Ph.D. counseling arena who doesn’t need professional accreditation.
- Learn to identify the stages of grief and techniques to facilitate acceptance and hope.
- Develop advanced intervention strategies while participating in supportive caregiving and bereavement coaching.
- Gain a solid foundation in research methods through the presentation of your dissertation.
- Presented from a Christian worldview, coursework is offered online and supported by award-winning faculty in Virginia Beach.
- University Faculty/Leadership
- Grief & Bereavement Specialist
- Recovery Care Administrator
- Chaplaincy Leader/Consultant