#1 Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia
Ph.D. in Counseling & Psychological Studies – Marriage & Family Ministry
Do you have a desire to help couples and families build stronger relationships by addressing issues that lead to conflict? The Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling & Psychological Studies – Marriage & Family Ministry prepares you for a career in mental health counseling, research, education and psychological science. You’ll examine models of inner healing, forgiveness, crisis management, sexual dysfunction, eating disorders, child behavior problems and more. This degree is for the scholar seeking to impact the culture beyond the Ph.D. counseling arena who doesn’t need professional accreditation.
- Develop techniques that bridge family participation in the therapeutic process.
- Integrate research methods that enrich marriage and foster a deeper understanding of spousal needs.
- Introduce conflict resolution techniques that improve communication and strengthen the family unit.
Presented from a Christian worldview, coursework is offered online and supported by award-winning faculty in Virginia Beach.
- Congregational/Pastoral Leader
- University Faculty/Leadership
- Church Counseling Consultant