#1 Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia
Ph.D. in Counseling & Psychological Studies – Trauma & Crisis Counseling
Do you have the fortitude and empathy to help others through the stages of traumatic change and recovery? Regent’s Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling & Psychological Studies – Trauma & Crisis Counseling prepares you for a career in mental health counseling, research, education and psychological science. You’ll examine models of inner healing, forgiveness, critical incidents, crisis management, and community trauma and disaster. This degree is for the scholar seeking to impact the culture beyond the Ph.D. counseling arena who doesn’t need professional accreditation.
- Learn to identify the stages of trauma recovery following disaster and mass violence.
- Develop emergency management techniques that assist in psychological first aid.
- Apply intervention strategies and supportive care-giving activities during critical events.
Presented from a Christian worldview, coursework is offered online and supported by award-winning faculty in Virginia Beach.
- University Faculty/Leadership
- Trauma & Crisis Psychologist
- Crisis Management Administrator
- Disaster Relief Administrator
- Chaplaincy Leader/Consultant