#1 Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia
M.A. in Human Services – Human Services Counseling
The Master of Arts in Human Services with a concentration in Human Services Counseling, offered completely online, will equip you with the skills needed to work in the nonclinical mental health field. Presented from a Christian worldview, this concentration prepares you to identify the practical and psycho-spiritual components related to the organization, administration and operation of counseling-related services. Courses are taught using a combination of real-time interaction with professors, small-group projects, podcast lectures and asynchronous chat room discussion. This degree culminates in a capstone that includes field experience in your area of interest. To discuss this program with an admissions counselor by phone or in person in Virginia Beach, call 800.373.5504.
- Learn to conduct thorough client assessment and understand how to make referrals.
- Evaluate legal and ethical standards that help in determining specific treatment.
- Apply culturally responsive strategies across diverse populations.
- Examine the practical application of para-professional counseling for commonly addressed problems.
- Outpatient Care Centers
- Family Service Centers
- Coaching and care within existing career field