B.S. in Paralegal Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies is an online degree uniquely affiliated with Regent University’s ABA-approved School of Law. Further reinforced by a solid Christian foundation, you’ll gain research, communication, organization and technology skills to help you pursue a meaningful career in the law field. You can become an indispensable member of a legal team in a law office, government unit or other law practice setting. Increasingly, legal work in the United States is being undertaken by paraprofessionals trained in the law but not JD-holding, practicing attorneys.
- Learn legal terminology and research and writing skills as you practice drafting motions, briefs, pleadings and other documents.
- Cultivate best practices for interviewing clients and witnesses and managing case files.
- Gain an overview of the most common practice areas of law, including marriage and family, real estate, personal injury and contracts.
- Develop clerical and management skills critical to law firms, such as fee arrangements, time tracking, basic accounting and records management.
- Legal Assistant – Corporate, Government, Nonprofit
- Legal Aid Advocate
- Clerk of Court or Judiciary Clerk
- Administrative Assistant in Court
- Litigation Support Analyst