M.Div. with a concentration in History of Christianity
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Divinity, offered online and on campus, is a professional degree designed to prepare you for full-time ministry and for ordination or ministry licensure. You will gain a solid foundation in ministerial philosophy and practice through the in-depth study of the interpretation of the Bible, the languages of the Bible, and church history and doctrine. Practical skills and values are emphasized in practical theology, church leadership and missions-related courses.
Through the concentration in History of Christianity, you will:
- Explore historical developments of the Church, with special emphasis on renewal movements and the history of Christian thought globally.
- Choose additional coursework on topics from early, medieval and modern Christianity to Martin Luther, Lutheran Christianity and theology and culture, according to your area of interest.
- Increase your understanding of renewal and reconstruction of the past, African Pentecostalism and systematic theology.
- Be trained and equipped by an accredited Association of Theological Schools (ATS) seminary.
- Ministerial Executive Leadership
- Christian Education
- Church Planting
- Preparation for the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) or other terminal degrees