B.S. in Gerontology
The Bachelor of Science in Gerontology, presented from a Christian worldview, is offered exclusively online. Be prepared to use your training and job skills to create and coordinate services that will benefit seniors. Forecasts project a 73 percent increase in those over the age of 65 between now and 2030, making this a top in-demand field. Develop leadership skills to bring about positive change to programs, organizations and agencies that support senior citizens and aging populations. You will choose 12 credits from the disciplines of Biophysical Sciences, Healthcare Management and Psychology. This degree also puts you on track to becoming a research gerontologist at the master’s level. To discuss this program with an admissions counselor by phone or in person in Virginia Beach, call 888.718.1222.
- Analyze aging and human development issues in the light of God’s revealed truth.
- Apply professional, ethical and responsible leadership behaviors to tangible geriatric situations.
- Engage with others to promote integrated approaches to serving the aging populations.
- Learn solutions to real-world gerontology problems based on strategic business and health care management applications.
- Administrative Gerontologist
- Social and Health Care Assistant
- Social Worker
- Health Care Professional
- Home Health Aides
- Health Services Facility Manager
- Entry-level Social Scientist