B.S. in Professional Studies with a concentration in Government
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies, offered online or on campus, is an interdisciplinary degree program designed to help you move ahead in your chosen career. As Regent’s most transfer-friendly degree program, the B.S. in Professional Studies accepts more transfer credits than other majors, making it the ideal choice for adult learners and military personnel. Build upon essential General Education core knowledge in communication, leadership, management, critical thinking and problem solving – all from a Christian perspective. Through the Government concentration, you will broaden your marketability as you learn to interpret political data, explore multiple viewpoints, examine political theory and grow as a communicator.
- Understand key principles of public administration and how Congress, the President and the public affect policy creation and implementation.
- Use economic tools to examine how to make government decisions.
- Choose coursework from foreign policy and political philosophies to constitutional law, the legislative process and the judicial systems, according to your area of interest.
- Apply existing college and military credit to fast track your degree completion.
- Corporate Communications
- Congressional Offices
- Nonprofits or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Lobbying or Campaign Work
- Law school or graduate work in your chosen discipline