#1 Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia
B.S. in Professional Studies with a concentration in History
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies, offered online or on campus, is an interdisciplinary degree program designed to help you move ahead in your chosen career. As Regent’s most transfer-friendly degree program, the B.S. in Professional Studies accepts more transfer credits than other majors, making it the ideal choice for adult learners and military personnel. Build upon essential General Education core knowledge in communication, leadership, management, critical thinking and problem solving – all from a Christian perspective. Through the History concentration, you will explore U.S. and world history and examine the evolution of specific regions and civilizations.
- Study the political, social and economic development of American society.
- Explore the history of civilization and perspectives on gender, class, religion and ethnicity.
- Choose coursework from Colonial America and constitutional history to British and Asian empires and the influence of global Christianity, according to your area of interest.
- Apply existing college and military credit to fast track your degree completion.
- Politics & Public Administration
- Journalism & Communication
- Curation or Archives Management
- Grant Writing
- Public Interest/Advocacy/Nonprofit Work
- Preparation for law school or a master’s in teaching