#1 Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia
Ed.S. in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Special Education
The Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Special Education is an online program that provides career development for special education teachers for leadership positions in special education research, practice and policy to best serve children, youth and adults with high-incidence disabilities. Areas of focus include Learning Disabilities, Emotional and Behavioral Disturbance, and Mental Retardation, all explored from a hope-based, values-driven Christian perspective. The Ed.S., which may be completed in just five semesters, is a degree in and of itself, but it may also be earned on the way to the completion of the terminal Ed.D.
- Grow in your ability to interpret data so that you can draw sound conclusions and understand ramifications.
- Develop empirical, research-based interventions and develop tools to deter empirically unsupported yet perennially popular interventions.
- Explore the history of special education as well as current issues and best practices.
- Education Research
- Education Policy
- Education Advocacy & Consulting
- Central Office Executive Leadership