Pursue Your Calling
Th.M. with a concentration in Pastoral Theology
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Theology, available online or on campus, is an advanced degree that provides a fuller mastery of one area or discipline of theological study than is normally provided at the Master of Divinity level. You will receive specialized training and intensive theological research and methodology required for advancement in church or marketplace ministry, teaching at the university level or entry into a doctoral program. Advanced standing is available for those who complete the Th.M. and choose to pursue Regent’s Ph.D. in Theological Studies.
Through the Pastoral Theology concentration, you will:
- Prepare for service in a diverse range of cultural contexts.
- Choose additional coursework on topics from the doctrine of the Holy Spirit and theology and culture to the Christian pilgrimage of faith and how to integrate spiritual direction and disciplines into holistic healing, according to your area of interest.
- Increase your understanding of intercession, reconciliation, urban ministry, ministry coaching and hermeneutics.
- Prepare for graduate study at the doctoral level
- Prepare for teaching
- Gain scholarly enhancement in ministerial practice
- Engage in disciplined reflection on a specialized function in ministry
Your Journey Begins Here
No matter what your passion, you'll find your place at Regent. Choose from more than 120 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand. Explore our programs below: