B.S. in Information Systems Technology with a concentration in Information Security
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology (IST) with an Information Security concentration is offered online and on campus. Learn to deploy technology and manage information that positions you as a leader in your field. You will also gain hands-on experience in the installation and use of firewalls and intrusion detection systems to counter worms, viruses and other criminal acts that could affect your organization. The Information Security concentration includes coursework in systems security and disaster recovery to prepare you to excel as an IST technology leader. Prepare to join this in-demand field as computing technologies and Internet usage increase exponentially.
- Acquire the technical and organizational expertise to design, develop and manage complex information systems.
- Learn how to counter information security threats caused by natural disasters, terrorist activities and internal subversions.
- Learn the basics of Internet/Intranet security and how to defend network systems to support your technology-focused goals.
- Network or Systems Administration
- Computer Programming
- Information Technology & Assurance
- Software Engineering
- Web Development