Th.M. with a concentration in History of Christianity
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Theology, available online or on campus, is an advanced degree that provides a fuller mastery of one area or discipline of theological study than is normally provided at the Master of Divinity level. You will receive specialized training and intensive theological research and methodology required for advancement in church or marketplace ministry, teaching at the university level or entry into a doctoral program. Advanced standing is available for those who complete the Th.M. and choose to pursue Regent’s Ph.D. in Theological Studies.
Through the History of Christianity concentration, you will:
- Explore historical developments of the Church, with special emphasis on renewal movements and the history of Christian thought globally.
- Choose additional coursework on topics from early, medieval and modern Christianity to Martin Luther, Lutheran Christianity and theology and culture, according to your area of interest.
- Increase your understanding of renewal and reconstruction of the past, African Pentecostalism and systematic theology.
- Prepare for graduate study at the doctoral level
- Prepare for teaching
- Gain scholarly enhancement in ministerial practice
- Engage in disciplined reflection on a specialized function in ministry