Achieve Your Purpose
B.A. in English with a cognate in History (U.S. History)
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Bachelor of Arts in English with a cognate in History is an online or on-campus degree that will help you develop a strong foundation in literature and composition while gaining expertise in a particular era of history. Choose from U.S., World, or Ancient/Medieval/European history. Through your focused area, you will be challenged in problem-solving, creative thinking and decision making, all from a Christian perspective.
- Ancient History options include: Ancient Greece, Roman World, Renaissance & Reformation, Modern European History, and more.
- U.S. History options include: Settlement of Colonial America, Revolutionary & Constitutional, Civil War, Modern America, African-American History and more.
- World History options include: Global Christianity, Modern East Asia, Latin America, Modern Africa, Russia, Islamic World and more.
- Law School Preparation
- Library Science Preparation
- Historic Writing/Research
- Public Service
Your Journey Begins Here
No matter what your passion, you'll find your place at Regent. Choose from more than 120 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand. Explore our programs below: