M.A. in National Security Studies
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Arts in National Security Studies, offered online, on campus or as a blend of both, equips professionals – inside and outside of government – to identify, analyze, forecast and manage emerging security threats. You will gain skills on grand strategy, national security, U.S. foreign policy and international relations with an emphasis on ethical decision making. Taught from a Christian worldview, this program aligns with advanced professional military education courses and is led by renowned scholars and accomplished practitioners including former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft, Rear Admiral Larry Baucom (USN, ret.), former diplomat Dr. Mary Manjikian, and past Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell.
- Explore cybersecurity policy making as it relates to economic threats, traditional cyber defense, social media, communications and infrastructure.
- Identify legal, ethical and economic risks to both corporate and national security and propose solutions.
- Learn to analyze and provide high-level assessment of threats at home and abroad.
- Agency Intelligence Officer
- Corporate Security Administration
- DoD, CIA, DIA, FBI, NSA
- Foreign Conflict Manager
- Homeland Security Administration
- Homeland Security Specialist
- International Risk Manager
- International Security Analyst
- Legislative Staff
- Middle East Political Analyst
- National Security Analyst
- Terrorism Threat Advisor