Degree & Career
B.S. in Professional Studies with a concentration in Criminal Justice
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies, offered online or on campus, is an interdisciplinary degree program designed to help you move ahead in your chosen career. As Regent’s most transfer-friendly degree program, the B.S. in Professional Studies accepts more transfer credits than other majors, making it the ideal choice for adult learners and military personnel. Build upon essential General Education core knowledge in communication, leadership, management, critical thinking and problem solving – all from a Christian perspective. Through the Criminal Justice concentration, you will examine how to apply justice in career fields from law, investigation and forensics to guarding and protecting others.
- Investigate the agencies and processes involved in the administration of criminal justice and how to define, measure and control crime.
- Understand crime scene procedures, collection and preservation of evidence, interrogation techniques, and the use of surveillance techniques.
- Choose coursework from juvenile justice and corrections to constitutional law and ethics, according to your area of interest.
- Apply existing college and military credit to fast track your degree completion.
- Probation/Corrections Officer
- Security Guard
- Law school or graduate work in your chosen discipline
Your Journey Begins Here
No matter what your passion, you'll find your place at Regent. Choose from more than 120 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand. Explore our programs below: