Further Your Education Career
M.Ed. – K-12 Special Education major (w/ licensure)
Online or On-Campus Degree
The Master of Education – K-12 Special Education major (with licensure) is an online or on-campus program designed for individuals seeking K-12 teacher licensure with endorsement in special education as well as current special educators seeking further training. Coursework, taught from a Christian perspective, will increase your understanding of special education laws and introduce you to best practices in disability services, teaching gifted students, addressing behavior disorders and using assistive technology. Expand as a leader and advocate as you position yourself for career success.
- Understand characteristics of students with disabilities and how to manage behaviors and train in social skills.
- Explore language acquisition, reading tools, instructional methods and data-driven assessment techniques.
- Apply all of the Virginia Department of Education competencies and skills required for state licensure.
- Optional Reading Specialist endorsement and/or Working with Autistic Children certificate are available.
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Consultation
Before you begin your journey to licensure with us, please check your individual state to confirm if the program you are interested in complies with your state’s licensure requirements or complies with the requirements of the state in which you intend to work. Click here to learn more.
Your Journey Begins Here
No matter what your passion, you'll find your place at Regent. Choose from more than 120 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand. Explore our programs below: